Addiction & Mental Health News - September 2020
Alberta Mental Health
The phone number for Alberta Mental Health is 403-340-5469. Parents can phone this number directly.
Speech and Language Services
Parents can contact Alberta Health Services at 403-314-5250 for referrals for these services.
Alberta Mental Health Crisis Help Line: 1-877-303-2642. Students who are in need of someone to talk to in a crisis situation may call the helpline, which is available to them 24 hours a day.
Suicide Information & Education Services
Suite D 4808 51st Ave
Red Deer, AB 403-342-4966
Alberta Health Services, Provincial Injury Prevention Program (PIPP) - AHS PIPP Webpage
Injury Prevention Centre (IPC) CATT Online - Concussion
Red Deer Catholic Family School Enhancement Counsellors
Our Family School Enhancement Counsellors (FSECs) support the social, emotional and mental wellness of students and families within their home, school, and community through early intervention and prevention.
FESCs meet with children, youth, parents, and families to go over issues affecting student success supporting them to look for options, develop strategies and find solutions.
- Provide support services to families and children facing social, emotional, and family challenges
- Build skills with students in small groups
- Promote effective communication within families and between parents and students
- Assist families in navigating and finding information and resources, such as counselling services, income support, community programs, etc.
- Promote preventative opportunities within the schools and community
- Provide support in schools and in the home
- Collaborate with community agencies
- Organize family events and parent sessions
- Enhance Catholic family values by building home, school, and parish
Please click here for a list of community resources for Red Deer and area.
Check out the Family School Enhancement Facebook page.