Because lots of things will be changing in your child's life, try to keep things as consistent as possible for your child; routines = stability = safety
- Listen to your child's feelings and make sure they know it's okay to share their feelings
- Refrain from speaking negatively about the other parent in front of your child
- Allow kids to only have to worry about "kid worries"
- When kids ask questions, tell the truth in age appropriate ways
- Make sure your child is not the "middle man"
- Remind your child that he or she is very loved and never has to choose one parent over the other